Sunday, February 10, 2008

Juice Feast

I've recently finished a juice feast. That means that for a couple of weeks, I consumed nothing but juicy juices, primarily green juices. It's different from a fast in that I drank as much as I wanted through the day and added extras such as super green food powders, bee pollen, hemp seed oil, etc. I included a minimum of 2 lbs. of greens each day in addition to all the other veggies and fruits I wanted. And, boy, what variety. Spinach, escarole, beet greens, turnip greens, collards, chard, cilantro, parsley, romaine, and I could go on and on. Add in zucchini, celery, tomatoes, cucumbers, ginger, lemons, limes, carrots, beets. It felt like every drink was alive.

This smoothie is one of the foods I used to transition out. (You don't just jump right into eating all solid foods. I probably won't even get into seeds and nuts for a few weeks.) It was scrumptious! Greens, banana, blueberry, mango, fresh squeezed grapefruit juice, bee pollen, hemp seed oil.
32 oz. in all. (Obviously I had to refill my glass) Very sweet!



No comments: